TSMSS Member e-Bulletin June/July 2015
Message from the President
Happy June Everyone!
It was so great seeing everyone in San Antonio at the 38th Annual Conference. Big THANKS! to all who helped us make it such a great success! I don't think the La Cantera Mall will ever be the same after the Scavenger Hunt!!!
The TSMSS Board is working to close out the final conference-related items and starting to gear up for next year's conference. If you happen to keep both copies of the CEU form you can still email a copy to us for our records at email@example.com. The 39th Annual Conference will be in Sugar Land (Houston area) at the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square. If you have any suggestions for topics or speakers or want to volunteer for the conference committee, please let us know. We will have a link to the hotel available on the TSMSS website by the end of the summer.
I hope everyone affected by the recent storms is safe and dry! Here is my attempt to make you all smile today...
Andrea L. Siskind, CPCS, CPMSM
Topic: Texas Physician Licensing: What You Need to Know About the Requirements and the Process - Part I
Speakers: Jamie Garanflo and Denise Meyer
Date: Thursday, June 25, 2015
Register at http://www.tsmss.org/event/TexasLicense
- Learn the key education and examination eligibility requirements for Texas physician Licensure
- Understand the impact on the application process for graduates of international medical schools of different types and the documentation required
- Learn about the 10-Year and Active Practice Rules and their effect on how long it takes to get a license
- Understand the Texas Medical Board's internal process and why it can take so long
Pending Approval for 1.5 NAMSS CE Credits
- $30 for Members
- $60 for Non-Members
- $10 for additional attendees
- Invite a colleague to view the webinar with you and they too can earn 1.5 CE credits for just $10 (same computer/same phone line as primary attendee)
Cancellations must be received by June 19th.
TSMSS Salary Survey
At the request of many members TSMSS is conducting a salary survey. The survey is completely anonymous. The survey is open from June 18 through July 16. We appreciate your participation! The survey can be found at http://www.tsmss.org/surveys/?id=Salary_Survey.
TSMSS Community Forums
TSMSS receives requests to send out questions/messages to the membership routinely. However, TSMSS has created a place on our website for members to ask questions of their colleagues There are currently eight (8) forum topics:
- Tips and Techniques
- Managed Care
- Physician Office Practices
To navigate to the forums you must be logged in to your personal membership account. From the left navigation menu bar select 'Membership Community' then 'Forums'.
How can you subscribe to a forum?
Within forums, you have two levels of subscription options:
- Forum Level: Be notified when new topics are added to the forum.
- Topic Level: Be notified when new comments are made to a specific topic.
You will need to subscribe to each level separately. Here are the steps to do this.
- Navigate to your Forum pages as described above.
- Click on the name of the Forum. This will pull up a list of all of the topics created within this forum.
- To subscribe to the Forum Level, select the Forum Actions button and select "Subscribe to Instant Updates" or "Subscribe to Digest" (Digests are sent once a day as new topics are added to the forum you have subscribed to)
- To subscribe to Topic Level, click on the name of the topic. Select the Thread Actions button and select "Subscribe to Instant Updates". You will be notified when new comments are added to this topic. Repeat for all topics as desired.
Members cannot be subscribed to forums by default. Since this can result in you receiving several emails, this is completely voluntary and everyone must manually subscribe according to their own preferences.