The Texas Society of Medical Services Specialists was established more than 30 years ago to enhance the professional development for professionals in the medical staff and credentialing services industry. The mission of TSMSS is to promote certification and professional growth through networking within the healthcare industry. The TSMSS membership includes more than 450 medical staff and credentialing professionals from medical group practices, hospitals, managed care organizations and CVOs.
About Medical Services Professionals
Medical services professionsl (MSPs) are an essential part of any healthcare organization. MSPs are primarily accountable for the administrative and medical-legal structure of the medical staff organization.
Some of the most important responsibilities of MSPs are:
- Credentialing and recredentialing of all physicians and allied health practitioners
- Maintaining numerous physician information data banks, including education training, experience, and licensure
- Maintaining an accredited continuing medical education (CME) program and providing CME for physicians to maintain their clinical competency
- Reviewing and implementing various federal rulings and accrediting body standards pertaining to the functions of the medical and/or provider staff
- Establishing systems to facilitate meetings and communication between physicians, both within and outside their specialties, as well as with a hospital’s administration
- Developing, establishing, and enforcing of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies that govern the activities of the medical staff
As provided by NAMSS